Novak Birch is looking for an experienced Production Artist to join our talented creative team. You must have a keen eye for detail and the technical know-how to get the job done. Your master-level skills with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are impressive to say the least. You have a strong grasp on layout and modern design technique, as well as organizational abilities and the file-categorizing prowess to ensure artwork is production-ready and projects are completed on time. And if you love dogs, well, you’re the perfect fit.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing new designs, translating existing creative, and executing designs across campaign/project deliverables.
- Working closely with account and event managers, the creative director, content strategy director, and other designers to ensure quality design and deliverables.
- Maintaining version control of design files as well as organization on our shared server.
- Ensuring that all deliverables adhere to appropriate specifications and creative brand guidelines.
- Preparing output-ready files for production based on the supplied specifications, which may include offset or digital printing, large format printing, digital, or physical fabrication.
- Staying up-to-date on graphic design best practices, trends, techniques, and software.
- Reviewing and producing packaged files for final output.
- Advanced understanding of printing processes, photography, illustration, typography, and digital media.
- Proficiency in the current Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office.
- A solid portfolio showing work across various media.
- At least 4 years of professional graphic design and production design experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- At least 4 years of print production experience.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in web/digital design.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to shift priorities based on client needs.
- Excellent file organization and attention to detail.
- The ability to take creative direction and provide constructive input.
- Understanding of PDF mark-ups and editing tools and the ability to revise deliverables accordingly.
- Ability to troubleshoot design and application issues.
- Must work well individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, client-centric environment.
- Experience in motion graphics, 3D animation and modeling (After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D, etc).
- Additional digital/web app experience such as Sketch, InVision, Canva, Email, CRM, etc.
This is a salaried, in-office position. Novak Birch offers a generous benefits package to its employees, including health insurance coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation/sick days, profit sharing, and 401K.
Interested? Email your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a PDF portfolio or link to online portfolio to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Production Artist” followed by your name. No calls, please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Novak Birch is a strategic marketing and experiential agency in Baltimore, Maryland. Since 1987, we’ve built longstanding partnerships with clients and delivered high-impact, memorable experiences and solutions that help clients reach and communicate with their key audiences and grow their brands. We work in a huge, 100+ year-old renovated warehouse with a pool table in the kitchen and a (friendly) pack of dogs. As a creative agency with a fully equipped carpentry and metal fabrication workshop, our workspace is pretty conducive to creativity.