Novak Birch is seeking an Account Manager (AM) to join our strategic marketing and events agency, managing clients across diverse industries and working with our creative team to develop high-impact, memorable experiences and creative solutions.
The AM will serve as a liaison between a portfolio of client accounts and the agency to manage creative projects, campaigns, and trade shows/events from the start of strategic planning through final execution. They will be responsible for handling day-to-day client communications, managing the internal creative and production process, and financial tracking/planning.
This job is most appropriate for a detailed-oriented and self-motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills. The AM must be able to successfully prioritize and manage shifting tasks and deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a passion for providing top-notch customer service, developing strategic solutions, and collaborating on creative work.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Initiating, defining, and facilitating the planning and execution of branding, web/digital, experiential, retail, and environmental projects.
- Serving as a primary contact for a portfolio of clients and maintaining client relationships.
- Supporting the account/event management team in managing the day-to-day needs of clients by developing and coordinating estimates, scopes of work, creative briefs, schedules, status reports, meeting notes, feedback, tasks, client communications, etc.
- Ensuring that all projects are completed on time and within budget and that all creative supports both the client’s overall mission and their project-specific objectives while aligning with and strengthening their brand.
- Collaborating with the creative team and providing feedback and input on creative and messaging with the client’s goals in mind.
- Working with other account/event managers and the creative team to manage tasks, deadlines, and shifting priorities.
- Handling print and promotional vendor management by coordinating production estimates, schedules, file delivery, proof reviews, and delivery of materials.
- Performing administrative and logistical tasks including ordering, scheduling, shipping, tracking, QA checks, and fulfillment as needed.
- Contributing to agency marketing and business development initiatives including social media, website, proposals, presentations, etc.
- 3-5 years of creative agency experience.
- Experience managing creative marketing accounts, projects, and campaigns (including budget management) and serving as a primary client contact.
- Articulate and detail-oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attentive and organized; able to quickly categorize, communicate, and compartmentalize tasks.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to successfully delegate and juggle numerous projects with both shifting and competing deadlines.
- A proactive self-starter who is driven to move projects forward.
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative, creative environment but also works well independently.
- Ability and drive to understand clients’ marketing and business needs/goals and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to keep projects on time and on budget while working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, at a minimum. Basecamp experience is a plus.
- Loves dogs (kidding…well, kind of).
Candidates should be prepared to talk about their relevant experience, including their role, how project goals were met, and how challenges were handled. If you have sample documents that demonstrate your management and communication skills, we’d love to see them (e.g., project plans, scopes of work, budgets, and/or calendars that you’ve created in the past).
This is a salaried, in-office position. Novak Birch offers a generous benefits package to its employees, including health insurance coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation/sick days, profit sharing, and 401K.
Interested? Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Account Manager” followed by your name. No calls, please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Novak Birch is a strategic marketing and experiential agency in Baltimore, Maryland. Since 1987, we’ve built longstanding partnerships with clients and delivered high-impact, memorable experiences and solutions that help clients reach and communicate with their key audiences and grow their brands. We work in a huge, 100+ year-old renovated warehouse with a pool table in the kitchen and a (friendly) pack of dogs. As a creative agency with a fully equipped carpentry and metal fabrication workshop, our workspace is very conducive to creativity.